Saturday, August 9, 2008

great reelight bike light has waterloo supplier!



D: I stopped in at Waterloo Cycles, uptown Waterloo.
I was looking for a non Y-frame mountain bike that might handle my Cruzbike recumbent kit.
I picked up a nifty broad spring-equipped 'granny seat' for my newer bike for 20 bux in the bargain bin.
Anyway, it turns out they have the terrific Reelight for c. $80.
Sadly, their website is but a thin veneer, or else my online research would have found that.
They REALLY need to get with the times.

Anyway, the Reelight bolts onto the tire's axle. Magnets are attached to spokes. It is like those lil' dynamo kits but without contact. That means no friction losses and no slipping in the rain!
If you have the cash, I'd highly recommend these.
If not, check out the freelight from UK instead.
http://www.freelights.co.uk/

No comments: